Error 1003: Operation rolled back

06-28-2017 08:30 AM
DanielDePinte
New Contributor II

I am unable to send my surveys to the cloud and receive the error code 1003: operation rolled back. I have researched the blogs and only found two possible answers which did not work for me. One had to do with the geopoint and the other had to do with improperly ending a group. After removing the single geopoint question, which was outside of the repeat questions anyway, I still receive the error code. I looked at the two groups that are in the survey and both are ended properly as far as I can tell. Does anybody have any other tips. I will continue to trouble shoot, but any help would be appreciated. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanielDePinte
New Contributor II

Well, I narrowed it down to a problem with the repeat questions. Hopefully, I can put them back in successfully.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Looking at your XLSForm, you have a question with the name "TreeNo." A period (.) should not be in the name; it's an invalid character for field names.  I'm surprised the validation that was set up in the Excel sheet did not catch this - is this a form that has been copied several times (you get the warning message "This workbook contains links to other data sources." or similar)?

DanielDePinte
New Contributor II

Thanks for taking a look at this. I have taken out the (.) in TreeNo. This form has not been copied several times, other than me doing trial and error methods for working out the issue. I successfully sent one this morning when I eliminated the repeat questions and groups with the period in there.  Now, with the (.) eliminated I have put back in the repeat questions and the geopoint question and I no longer get the error code. THANK YOU ESRI and James Tedrick!!!

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

I also had this issue and needed to replace my hyphens with underscores. 

Esri staff, can you add a note to the NAME field cells to refer to Special Characters in the types worksheet for taboo symbols. I've never looked for taboo characters and now my eyes are opened!!!! Thanks for this thread.

0 Kudos