Select to view content in your preferred language

Enabling another user to create report templates

Jump to solution
12-06-2023 08:44 AM
MattEdrich
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

Just curious if there is a good pathway for enabling another user (within my AGOL Org) to take ownership of creating/testing/managing report templates for forms/feature services that I am the owner of? I would like to keep my ownership status of the forms themselves and simply have my colleague develop the report templates connected to the forms. It is somewhat inconvenient to have him pass his template versions through me so that I can upload them to the Report Template Manager, particularly when there are syntax issues that need to get fixed for a particular template version to work.

I've tried transferring ownership status of certain items related to the overall survey to him, but the system just tells me "Unable to change ownership".

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @MattEdrich

You can share survey ownership within the Survey123 website by sharing the survey to a shared update group that your colleague is in. You will still be the owner of the survey but your colleague will be able to add and update report templates. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @MattEdrich

You can share survey ownership within the Survey123 website by sharing the survey to a shared update group that your colleague is in. You will still be the owner of the survey but your colleague will be able to add and update report templates. 

Thank you,
Zach