Email Question in Survey123

06-03-2020 01:43 PM
NathanHeickLACSD
Occasional Contributor III

How do you replicate the email question type from the web designer in Connect?  If the survey is created in the web designer, downloaded to Connect, edited, and republished, the question continues to have the email icon.  However, if you delete the iteminfo file and create a new item from Connect, it does not include the email icon on the new survey.  The constraints still work, but the message is slightly different.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nathan,

Apologies for the delay in response.  The e-mail question in the web designer is a text question with a specific constraint calculation applied.  You can find the constraint in the 'Regular Expressions' section Formulas—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation - it is:

regex(., '^(([^<>()\[\]\\.,;:\s@"]+(\.[^<>()\[\]\\.,;:\s@"]+)*)|(".+"))@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}])|(([a-zA-Z\u0400-\uffff\-0-9]+\.)+[a-zA-Z\u0400-\uffff]{2,}))$')

0 Kudos
NathanHeickLACSD
Occasional Contributor III

I guess what I was getting at was that if you create an email question in the web designer, you get a nice email icon.  However, if you start from Connect, make a text question with the regex constraint, publish it, and view it in the web viewer, it behaves like a plain text question.  I can't figure out how to make the question have that email icon starting from Connect.