Editing Submitted Data on survey123.arcgis.com

04-10-2019 09:37 AM
JasonHerman
New Contributor

I created a survey for another department in my city. The users collecting the survey information would like the ability to go back and change that data "on the fly". I know that you can do this within the app and also directly through arcgis online. However I have the option to do so within the survey123.arcgis.com interface for the survey. However this is not showing up for anyone but me. Is there a way to change this setting to be available for others or is it a creator of the survey only function.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

Editing a survey via the Survey123 website and Data tab is a new feature we are working on and has currently only been implemented for the survey owner. In a future release this functionality will be expanded to allow other users that have the survey shared to them and ability to edit records to be able to edit via the website Data page too.

Phil.

0 Kudos
AnthonyWhitley
New Contributor II

Philip,

As of December 2019; do you know if this is this still on the table to get implemented? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anthony Whitley

It is now possible for users other than the survey owner to edit their own responses on the Survey123 website. For more info, please see our updated documentation at the links below:

Share survey results—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Share survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

For instructions on the various methods for editing records on the Survey123 website please see:

Edit existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Best,

Jim

0 Kudos