Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing Multiple Feature Services in a Single Form in Survey123 for ArcGIS

10-30-2017 02:42 AM
ElleW
by
New Contributor III

I can use existing feature class in Survey123 which is great. How about using multiple feature services in one form. The reason I need this is because certain work assignment required field worker to enter information that are stored in 2 different feature classes. They are contains different and separate information and in some cases field workers need to enter the information from these 2 feature classes thus it makes sense to have a single form in Survey123. 

11 Replies
AdamDaily
Occasional Contributor II

I know the FormID in settings is used to call out a related table within a feature service to write attributes back to when using a form with a submission_url. I get that Survey can NOT write to multiple submission urls at the same time. And I know that a survey can Not be published if it contains duplicate field names.

But what if I want 1 form (using the submission url) to write back to my feature service where some fields are contained within a repeat, and others are not?  If that is possible, is it also possible to add more than 1 related table to write to at a time? So 1 form using 1 submission url, and writing attributes back to their corresponding fields within that service that may be outside of or inside of 1 or more repeats . Also, can a feature service contain identical field names if those are contained within different repeats?

0 Kudos
KevinThompson
New Contributor III

Hey Ismael,

Are there any updates to the ability to create a view from two feature services on AGOL?

I could not find anything on this so I assume no movement yet, but could this be possible in Portal. 

I will most likely move ahead using Webhooks like James suggested to integrate my Workforce Assignments and my Survey123 Inspections.

Tom Thomson wrote a great article here:

Getting started with hosted feature layer views 

PS: Thank you for all your great Survey123 Articles, they are a lifesaver!

0 Kudos