Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing existing record in Survey123 - Update Date only when submitting new related record

Jump to solution
12-27-2023 11:45 AM
ZachWasp
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have created a Survey through Connect to open and edit an existing point feature by passing the GlobalID with URL parameters in a Web Map Pop-up.  The workflow I am trying to accomplish is as follows:

- Select an existing asset on the map where you are performing a task for said asset
- Click the generated link in the Pop-up with URL parameters to open Survey123 app for said asset
- Survey123 form shows some of the fields for the parent asset and allows you to create a new related record for the current task.
- Submit form and update fields on the point layer, submit new related record.

I have got it working where I can open the record in Survey123 and manually update the fields and create the new record, but I am running into issues when trying to maintain/update a date field on the parent (point) layer.  I have a date field for "Last_Inspected" that has an existing date when the last related record was submitted.  I want the survey to preserve that date, unless a new record is submitted, which I tried to accomplish with the 'indexed-repeat()' function.  However, this will delete the existing data when there is no new repeat record created, which is a problem since I need the users to be able to submit the survey even if they don't create a new related record (unable to perform the task).  I tried to store the existing date in a NULL field on the survey using the 'Once()' function and do an 'If()' calculation on the date field but then that creates a circular reference in the table.  I also tried to use URL parameters to store the existing date in NULL field from the pop-up, but I am unable to prepopulate any fields using the URL parameter '&field:field_name={Field}' - I am unsure if this is a bug, an error on my part, or due to the fact that I am editing an existing record that it will not pass any fields through the URL (I also tested with a 2 text fields in case there was some unexpected behavior with the dates). 

I am at my wits end and I feel like I am so close to a solution to my workflow but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong, or if there is another way to these dates to work how I need them to.  Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,
Zach

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ZachWasp
New Contributor II

Thank you, I'll have to read up on the link you provided and see if that would work for us.  I've never used ArcGIS notebooks before so I have some homework to do lol.

Appreciate all the help.

-Zach