Dynamic loading of Survey Choice Lists

05-04-2017 05:40 PM
JakeMatthys
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a way to load the survey choice lists from an existing web or feature service? 

The use case is that we have approximately 30 surveys deployed to 20 users and each survey has a select one question to populate the field contact.  This field contact list changes monthly and we would prefer not to republish each survey on a monthly basis to refresh the contact choice list.

Let me know if you have a existing solution or if dynamic loading of survey choice lists are on your radar.

Thanks,

- Jake

Tags (1)
9 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jake

This is not possible in the current version of Survey123. However we do have this down as an enhancement request and are considering it for a future release. I will add you onto the issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

JakeMatthys

Thanks for the information Johnathan and yes, please include me in future communications regarding the development of this functionality.

Thanks,

- Jake

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm following this, so please add me to the list of future communications on this topic as well. Greatly appreciate it!

GlenColgate1
Occasional Contributor

This would be an awesome enhancement / instruction to include at the UC. "Integration of Dynamic Choice Lists in Survey123" sounds like an awesome breakout down in the vendor area... Just sayin.

Thanks!

RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

Please add me to the issue as well. Similar use case.

ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

I would be keen to see this myself, we have a somewhat similar use case.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jake,

Just letting you know that in the latest 3.12 beta builds available on the Survey123 Early Adopter Community we have made significant improvements to large choice lists which improve the survey load time in both Connect and the field app.

On top of this there are now some new ways you can manage your choice lists dynamically and update them without having to republish the survey, meaning choice lists can now be populated and updated dynamically from a CSV file or hosted table shared in ArcGIS or directly from a feature service using the search() function. Please check out the latest announcement on EAC and test out these new beta features with the latest 3.12 beta builds.

Regards,

Phil.

JakeMatthys

Thanks for the information Phil.  I will go to the EAC to check it out.

- Jake

EgleAdmin
New Contributor III
0 Kudos