Dynamic Inbox Query Expression

06-17-2021 08:06 AM
michael_vetter
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to setup surveys for an audit of our customer points. We are wanting to use an existing hosted feature layer. We have four main quads and within those quads there are routes. Each quad has at least 80 routes associated with it. The initial plan is to create four surveys and have an inbox query expression set to each quad (i.e. Quad = 'NE'). Is there a way to somehow create a dynamic inbox query expression so that the field worker just has to open one survey for a quad then select a route and start working?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi @michael_vetter ,

No, the inbox query is not dynamic and you can only set one query per survey. Your initial plan sounds like a good workaround. You could also try a username based approach where you create 4 new user accounts (one for each quad) and associate each route with a username. This would allow you to keep a single survey with inbox expression (something like Quad=${username}), and only the routes associated with that user (ie quad) would be loaded. Of course this would require the field workers to constantly switch between accounts if they are working on different quads.

Hope this helps,

Brett

0 Kudos
michael_vetter
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply @BrettStokes.

If I did the workaround and created a survey for each route, would there be a way to hide the survey from the field workers once the route has been completed? Would that possibly be as simple as changing the sharing level from organization to owner? Also, could a webhook send an email once all the existing data has a field that has change? For example, once all the existing data has their 'Verified' field changed from 'No' to 'Yes'

0 Kudos
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi @michael_vetter ,

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting to create a survey for each route (you said there were at least 80 routes per quad, therefore over 320 routes right?). If you meant having a survey for each quad then yes, once each route has been updated and marked as complete, your inbox expression (eg Quad = 'NE' AND status='incomplete') would exclude that record from being loaded by other field workers.

I don't think a webhook could be configured to only send an email once all records have been updated. The triggers operate on a per survey (record) basis. Webhooks can trigger when a new survey is submitted or an existing survey is edited.

Brett

0 Kudos