Select to view content in your preferred language

Dropdown scoring sytem

Jump to solution
10-24-2022 03:54 AM
BrendonWittram
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm developing an assessment form for trees using Survey123. I made the actual form in Survey123, but now I'm trying to do this in Survey123 Connect. I'd like to have it, so I can use dropdown boxes to create a scoring system that adds a total score at the end. For example, if I have a risk of something happening it would be low, medium and high with scores of 1, 2, and 3 respectively. I'd prefer the scores be hidden on the actual form.

If anyone has any ideas, that would be super helpful, as I've been scratching my head over it for the last few hours.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

For your risk dropdown choices, make the name field a numeric value, and the label field the risk descriptions. 

2022-10-24_6-39-21.png

That way users will see "low, high, etc" but you will have numeric values to do calculations with. 

Screenshot 2022-10-24 064420.png

This set-up also allows you to bring your responses into a dashboard and easily determine the average risk across survey responses.

- Jen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

For your risk dropdown choices, make the name field a numeric value, and the label field the risk descriptions. 

2022-10-24_6-39-21.png

That way users will see "low, high, etc" but you will have numeric values to do calculations with. 

Screenshot 2022-10-24 064420.png

This set-up also allows you to bring your responses into a dashboard and easily determine the average risk across survey responses.

- Jen
0 Kudos
BrendonWittram
New Contributor

Thanks Jennifer this worked

0 Kudos