drop down list using pulldata() from outside source

07-16-2019 04:13 PM
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Hi! I'm using Pulldata() function with JavaScript to pull data from outside database. It's working fine with the Survey123 version 3.5. Then my client asked me to make the text box with the drop-down list. For example, if typed "Smith" all the name with Smith will show up in the dropdown list and user can select one from the list. I know Survey123 doesn't support this function at this point. But is there a possibilities that you will support the function like this in Survey123?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Yuko

Thanks for your suggestion. We have an open enhancement request to support dynamic choice lists that can be updated from an external source. I've added your comments to this request and will endeavour to keep this thread updated with any progress.

Thanks,

Jim

YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

You already got a request! That's a good news. Hope it will be available soon. I have a comment for this request. I would like to show the values in the list from multiple fields. The database I'm using has two fields for name; one for first name and the other one for last name. To select one data from the list, users need to see whole name.

Thanks!

Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Yuko, I will add these notes to the request.

Best, Jim 

0 Kudos