Displaying a map for a geopoint question

Jump to solution
10-23-2019 10:08 PM
GlennDavidson
New Contributor II

Just new to Survey123. In every example I've seen (youtube), when the user creates a form with a geopoint a map is displayed directly after the question for the user to select a point. However when I try the same all I get a small map icon image. I then have to click on the map icon to get the map to display on a new screen, select a point, before returning back to the previous screen.

How do I get the actual map to appear directly below the question rather than the icon?geopoint question

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Glenn,

The map will appear once a valid point location is determined.  This normally happens by Survey123 reading the device's location.  I note that the satellite icon in the top right of the form looks like it's indicating that it can't access the location; in that situation the map won't immediately appear (you should also be seeing the 'My Location' button pulsing as it tries to determine the location).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KayleeRivera
Esri Contributor

Are you using Survey123 Connect? If so, going to Settings > Map, and configuring your settings. 

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Glenn,

The map will appear once a valid point location is determined.  This normally happens by Survey123 reading the device's location.  I note that the satellite icon in the top right of the form looks like it's indicating that it can't access the location; in that situation the map won't immediately appear (you should also be seeing the 'My Location' button pulsing as it tries to determine the location).

GlennDavidson
New Contributor II

I assumed the cause was probably due to my device not being able to identify my location.

Thanks James.

0 Kudos