Display Repeats on Inbox Map view

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
JoshB123
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have a survey that uses Repeats, Inbox and two Map questions.

The user can decide whether to skip the first map question and only enter on the second map question within the repeat.

When this happens, there will be no feature in the survey to view in the inbox map.

Is it possible to display both features from the map questions in the inbox, even when the first map question is skipped.

Screenshot_20240501_125137.jpg

The screenshot shows when the first map question IS entered, but it won't display the repeats on the map?

Thanks

Josh

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DuncanC
New Contributor III

If you have trouble with the url let me know and I can dig out some arcade code that works.

There is lots I wish i could do in Survey123.  Really I wish Survey123 would stop existing and I could just have full XLSforms with javascript and all the goodies in Field Maps.  Field Maps is a much newer, better built, less buggy app.  Survey123 is honestly terrible IMO, but also somehow still the fastest and best way to get some things working that I'm aware of, if a workaround makes it do what I want,  I call that plenty good enough for Survey123 and get back to working with apps that don't make me rip my hair out. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DuncanC
New Contributor III

Could you have the map question outside of the repeat filled by a calculation when it would otherwise be blank?   Might need a added field to track the status of the survey since that question being filled or not won't be your signal anymore, but I think it should be workable.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

That's what I'd do. The user doesn't need to see the map question, but you could hide the operation and do it anyways.

0 Kudos
JoshB123
New Contributor II

Ideally I don't want the map question outside of the repeat to store anything, I want it to be blank, to ensure it is not creating unnecessary features.

What I would really like is Survey123 Inbox to display both parent features and repeat features as does so already by default in Field maps:

Screenshot_20240502_135746_Field Maps.jpg

Im trying a work around by using custom URL to open the inbox in Survey from Field Maps but it would be really useful to be able to do it without using field maps

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DuncanC
New Contributor III

If you have trouble with the url let me know and I can dig out some arcade code that works.

There is lots I wish i could do in Survey123.  Really I wish Survey123 would stop existing and I could just have full XLSforms with javascript and all the goodies in Field Maps.  Field Maps is a much newer, better built, less buggy app.  Survey123 is honestly terrible IMO, but also somehow still the fastest and best way to get some things working that I'm aware of, if a workaround makes it do what I want,  I call that plenty good enough for Survey123 and get back to working with apps that don't make me rip my hair out.