Select to view content in your preferred language

Datefields cannot be forced to be null

Jump to solution
03-08-2021 01:45 AM
RasmusHolstMikkelsen
New Contributor II

Hi.

I have made a Survey in S123 connect based on a current feature service, where the user should be able to change 3 different date fields (among other fields).

To make it more user friendly, i have made 4 buttons in an experience environment, where the date fields would be either today's date or null, as the 3 fields are connected (Reservation date, when the reservation will expire, and the date when the property is sold)

When there is a new reservation, the user will click the "Reservation" button, and the "Sold date" will become null, "Reservation" will be today's date, and "Reservation expires" will be today's date + 6 months.

My issue:

When the button is clicked, the following is hard coded into the Survey 123 link:

https://survey123link?mode=edit&globalId={globalID}&field:Status=Reserved&field:Solddate=null&field:Reservation={Today}&field:ReservationExpires={Today_6Month}&hide=field{someFields} 

This hardcoded link results in the following survey, where the "Solddate" would become null (Which works as intended): - Translated from Danish (Sorry)

RasmusHolstMikkelsen_2-1615196315330.png

However, when you click the submit button i get the following error:

RasmusHolstMikkelsen_3-1615196373217.png

Which i would roughly translate into: "The survey contain errors: 1. Click here to navigate to each error".

So for some reason it is not possible to send Null data to a datefield? Does anybody know why? - The field(s) can contain Null values in the database. The 3 date fields all have the bind::esri:fieldType of esriFieldTypeDate in the S123 excel spreadsheet.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JerrySneary
New Contributor III

Hi @RasmusHolstMikkelsen & @IsmaelChivite ,

Have you figured out how to do this? I'm currently in a similar situation. I have a form with a status field and date fields for each status. One of my statuses is "Needs Repair". When "Needs Repairs" is selected the date and time is recorded. When the status is changed back to "Live" I want the date that was recorded to be removed (blank). I can have my field crew manually remove the date in the form, it's just one more thing that they can forget to do manually. I'd rather have it automatically done with the status change. Also, this is in a web form not the field app.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Did you try removing &field:Solddate=null completely from your link?

If you do not set a default value in your date question, it will appear empty and if not completed by the user a null value will be stored in the feature layer.

0 Kudos
RasmusHolstMikkelsen
New Contributor II

That works completely fine, however, as the feature service is editable, the "&field:Solddate=null" was my way of trying to reduce the amount of clicks when editing the data. Therefore, if i don't set "solddate=null", the original date will still appear, if already set, and it would then have to be changed manually 🙂 

I want to be able to remove the original date stored in one of the date fields, without the user needing to delete/remove the data manually.

0 Kudos
JerrySneary
New Contributor III

Hi @RasmusHolstMikkelsen & @IsmaelChivite ,

Have you figured out how to do this? I'm currently in a similar situation. I have a form with a status field and date fields for each status. One of my statuses is "Needs Repair". When "Needs Repairs" is selected the date and time is recorded. When the status is changed back to "Live" I want the date that was recorded to be removed (blank). I can have my field crew manually remove the date in the form, it's just one more thing that they can forget to do manually. I'd rather have it automatically done with the status change. Also, this is in a web form not the field app.