Date Question Field Name Bug?

Jump to solution
07-25-2019 06:01 AM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor

Not sure if this is a known bug or a new one but there seems to be a bug with date type questions when the field name is "Date" and you want to make the field not editable in a webmap.  What I am seeing is the edit check box under configure popup is defaulted to editable but is grayed out so you cannot change it.  You can uncheck Display but it still shows up as editable in the webmaps popup and in collector.  This does not seem to happen if i name the field name is anything other than "Date".  I have attached a survey excel file that i used to test this one.  So far I've only seen this with the date type question.

Josh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

You need to get creative in the name field.  They have a ridiculous amount of keywords you cannot use, over 1000 of them and grows with each new release.  "DATE" is one of them.   Look around row 190 on the types sheet for the Reserved Keywords section.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

You need to get creative in the name field.  They have a ridiculous amount of keywords you cannot use, over 1000 of them and grows with each new release.  "DATE" is one of them.   Look around row 190 on the types sheet for the Reserved Keywords section.  

0 Kudos
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor

I see that now. Makes sense I guess that I wouldn’t work it is reserved. Just wish they would give a warning when you try to publish.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos