Data Lost When Saved as Draft

07-05-2018 05:40 PM
JonMarks
New Contributor III

Hi all, I've found since I've updated the Survey123 App on my phone (iPhone 8 using 11.3.1), that some surveys saved as a draft often lose some data when I re-edit the survey (but not all), this occurs quite regularly with my version of the Survey123 app (2.8.2). It didn’t seem to be an issue with the previous version that I was using (not sure of the version). A colleague using an iPhone 7 and IOS 11.4 is having the same issue. It's slightly random which values get lost, and sometimes on re-editing again, some values re-appear.

0 Kudos
41 Replies
Fco_JavierRomero
New Contributor III

Buenos dias, al igual que Jon, hemos detectado que al guardar como borrador se han perdido datos al recuperar la encuesta. En nuestro caso la perdida de datos se ha producido dentro una repetición, y en concreto en la primera de una serie de ellas. Dentro de esa primera repetición solo se han mantenido los datos de las preguntas que no tienen ninguna condición en la columna relevant . Por el contrario todas las respuestas en las siguientes repeticiones o fuera de ellas se mantienen, tenga o no una condición en relevant

Saludos.

Romero Sanchez, Francisco Javier
Responsable de Actuaciones y Proyectos
Sevilla / Proyectos Agsa-Mapi

Grupo Tragsa - SEPI

Calle Parsi 5; nº 8 Polígono Parque Sevilla Industrial - 41016 Sevilla
Tel.: 954296934 - 89291/638005860
fromero@tragsa.es
www.tragsa.es

JeremyMcDonald1
New Contributor II

Good Morning,

We are experiencing the same issue as above, the surveys are being filled in over a couple of days. The person filling out the reports says when they open the report the next time some but not all of the pictures are missing. The pictures are required however he is still able to submit the report. I believe the program has recognized the pictures have been taken however they are not showing up. In the typical work flow the report shouldn't be able to be submitted if no pictures were taken.  Are we able to recover the missing pictures from the device?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
TonyDaSilva1
Occasional Contributor

Same here. Our users in the field lost data today due to this bug. Looks like it is associated with fields dependent on values in other fields.

0 Kudos
ScottBailey3
New Contributor III

I am also seeing this issue. I have it narrowed down to this: the first record in a repeat gets cleared after reopening the form from Draft or Outbox. Repeats are set to minimal appearance although they seem to populate a record by default. 

0 Kudos
ScottBailey3
New Contributor III

I have tested, and as long as they don't reopen the form before submitting, all the records will be submitted. It looks like it clears the data when the form is reopened. I think this has only been happening since the 3.0 update. I tried reverting back to an older version but no joy, problem still persisted. I have also republished the survey since the 3.0 update and the issue still persists.

I have one new survey created since the 3.0 update, repeats have calculations, relevant, and default parameters too, but this problem doesn't occur.

Is it possible that this is only related to surveys originally published before the 3.0 update? 

If so, what is the best way to copy existing survey to a new one and point it back to the original data, without losing the data? 

0 Kudos
ScottBailey3
New Contributor III

Hi Amy, I was able to fix this issue by removing the 'relevant' condition within the fields in the repeat that are calculated from fields outside the repeat. For my purpose I was able to keep the 'relevant' condition on the 'begin repeat'. It also was able to keep the relevant condition for questions that are calculated from other questions WITHIN the repeat. So again the bug only occurs if there is a relevant condition within a repeat that is calculated from outside the repeat.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your feedback and solution that worked for you. As mentioned in my reply to Amy, we are planning to fix this issues in a future hotfix release for 3.0

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Amy,

We have identified this issue and are planning to fix it in a future hotfix for 3.0 app. Currently the only workaround would be to remove the relevant condition as mentioned by Scott below.

Phil.

0 Kudos
Peters_Amy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Philip,

Thanks to you and Scott for your reply.  I don't have any relevant statements that reference a field outside the repeat.  All of them are inside the begin repeat and end repeat and they only reference fields in that repeat.  Any other ideas?

Amy

0 Kudos
GeoffLewis
New Contributor II

Hi Philip

Any time line when we'll get a fix for this?

We're using 3.0.144 and still losing first repeat data in the form if a survey is reopened to edit.

We aren't in a position to remove relevant statement and the fields are compulsory so if the app thinks the data isn't there we can't edit or save.

0 Kudos