Custom Survey123 with more than one portal?

Jump to solution
12-03-2019 02:50 PM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

When I create a custom Survey123 I have to add my Client ID for a particular Portal/AGO account.  Just like Survey123 from the app store I would like to have the ability to add multiple portals in my costum S123 portal page. Adding the mandatory Client ID seems to force me to use one portal.

Can I configure for multiple portals in a custom S123?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it is possible, but it requires a bit of planning:

1. First, standardize on a clientId value.  It could be the clientId of the app on the first portal added to, or could be a one you come up with
  2. On each Portal:
    1. Add an item for the application and register it.  This will, of course generate a new clientId; note it down for the next step
    2. Log into the portaladmin REST interface for the portal and go to the Change App ID—ArcGIS REST API: Administer your portal | ArcGIS for Developers resource
    3. Update the item from the generated clientId to the clientId you want to use

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it is possible, but it requires a bit of planning:

1. First, standardize on a clientId value.  It could be the clientId of the app on the first portal added to, or could be a one you come up with
  2. On each Portal:
    1. Add an item for the application and register it.  This will, of course generate a new clientId; note it down for the next step
    2. Log into the portaladmin REST interface for the portal and go to the Change App ID—ArcGIS REST API: Administer your portal | ArcGIS for Developers resource
    3. Update the item from the generated clientId to the clientId you want to use