Custom Survey123 URL scheme

10-03-2018 08:12 AM
Lars_EngelsbyMosbech
New Contributor II

Hi, we have created 10 different Surveys to 10 different types of classes. I want to use the URL scheme to link to each survey from Collector. But the URL scheme is dependent on the ItemID, which i cant control. So i am looking for a way to match my stationtypes with the URL schemes without having to create 10 links in the pop-up to different itemID's:

My example for one type:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=7334124ab2e94c78bfe43254fc375826&field:stationsid={StationID}&field:stationname={StationName}

And another type

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=f7c8f38c5b4b449bab2395tef7f9ed5e&field:stationsid={StationID}&field:stationname={StationName}

....x10

A solution could be to create an unique URL as an attribute in the database. But thats a little complicate to update whenever there is a new record.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lars,

One alternative would be to create 10 layers (one for each class) in the web map and use a filter to restrict the items to each layer.  In the future, using Arcade to do an match of class & form will be an option.

0 Kudos
Lars_EngelsbyMosbech
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Good idea with the layers - it could be temporarily do'able 🙂
Do you how a road map with dates for this Arcade functionality in Online and/or Portal? Is it December release or later?

Best,

Lars

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Lars,

I may not be thinking about this exactly right, but you could add a survey field to your data with the survey ID for each class, and build the link using the survey attribute value.

or would it be possible to use one survey and pass the class into the survey from your feature, and make subsequent questions in the Survey dependent on the class value that is passed in.

Maybe alternative ways to solve this?

mark

0 Kudos