create workforce assignments from Survey123 web app

09-25-2023 10:02 AM
SarahRijneke
Occasional Contributor

I found a couple of blog posts, one from 2020 and one from 2018, outlining how to create workforce assignments from a survey123 connect form. Is it possible to create them from the Survy123 web app? My organization does not use connect unless there is a really good use case so I would like to use the web app if possible.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

This is sounding like a "really good use case" to me! The web app is rather basic.

Even if I am making a web only survey (in my case, that is exceedingly rare), I tend to favour Connect though as it provides so much more control vs the web app.

If you are dead set on using the web app for this, sorry, I don't have a good answer.

0 Kudos
SarahRijneke
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! In one of my previous positions I used survey123 Connect for a few projects ( this was a few years ago now) and one of the issues we had was that only the person who created the configured the project in Connect had access to the xlsx form etc. for editing. Not sure if this is still the case but I likely won't switch over unless my colleagues are able to access and edit the project as well.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Ah, that makes sense. This is still a "limitation" then*.

I actually prefer this set-up though, as it creates a centralized location for publishing. I do all publishing via a dedicated service account. Independently of me, my colleague can use Connect to download a survey and complete edits, but ultimately the XLSX is sent back to me for publishing. I find this creates a more uniform  experience for the end user, and helps with quality control.

*However, it is worth noting that your colleague(s) could log into the service account via Connect and publish as that user. In this respect, the above limitation can be bypassed. I am by no means advocating for account sharing, as that isn't permitted, but so long as all users have a dedicated account then this could be done.

0 Kudos