Create Service error: Failed to create the service 'Hosted/service_699c6df871a248488d8d7f3e25a3bf78.FeatureServer'.

09-09-2022 12:08 AM
melisco
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

When I try to publish a survey from Survey123 Connect app (both in versions 3.14 and 3.15), I receive an error mesage. I've tried to publish an empty template and still get the same error. Can somebody please help me with this issue.hata.png

3 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@melisco May you confirm if you are publishing to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise.

Additionally, please try and create a test hosted feature service on ArcGIS Online / ArcGIS Enterprise just by navigating to Content > New item. Is this successful?

Share how you get on

Thanks

melisco
New Contributor II

I am trying to publish to ArcGIS Enterprise.

Also I tried to create a test hosted feature service on ArcGIS Enterprise but I recieved a error message as "Create Service error: Failed to create the service 'Hosted/test_feature_layer.FeatureServer'."

Thank you

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @melisco ,

If you are not able to create a feature layer at all it indicates that this is not a Survey123 issue but an issue with ArcGIS Enterprise. You will need to look at the server machines and ArcGIS Server logs to see why there is an issue i.e. is ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Data Store running. e.g. here's a similar scenario where services can't be created:
https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000016577

Please don't forget the kudos 🙂