Create an image-map from a .png archive

08-04-2022 01:41 AM
JoséLuisGarcía-PalaciosFaure
New Contributor

Hello community.

This is my first post,  I hope it  would be useful for someone else.

I'm new using survey123 connect and I'm trying to create an image-map from a .png archive. I know that I have to use an svg, but when I transform my png archive to svg it doesn't have any id to identify in xls form.  I have also tried to put  a raster image in the background of my SVG and drawing some simple shapes over areas you would like the user to click, but I have no idea to do it properly.

Could you explain me in detail how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LaurenceTait
Occasional Contributor II

I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't have any id to identify in xls form". The name of the file is put into the media::image field in the xlsx sheet. That's the only id that is required. For example, if your .svg file is called "example.svg" then you put "example.svg" into the media::image field (without quotes of course).

I'm also not sure what you mean by ".png archive". Do you mean an archived (compressed) .png file?

Anyway, I've attached a fairly detailed instruction process that I made up for some other staff. I think if you follow those instructions you'll be able to create a working .svg file.

0 Kudos