Select to view content in your preferred language

Create an image-map from a .png archive

08-04-2022 01:41 AM
JoséLuisGarcía-PalaciosFaure
New Contributor

Hello community.

This is my first post,  I hope it  would be useful for someone else.

I'm new using survey123 connect and I'm trying to create an image-map from a .png archive. I know that I have to use an svg, but when I transform my png archive to svg it doesn't have any id to identify in xls form.  I have also tried to put  a raster image in the background of my SVG and drawing some simple shapes over areas you would like the user to click, but I have no idea to do it properly.

Could you explain me in detail how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LaurenceTait
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't have any id to identify in xls form". The name of the file is put into the media::image field in the xlsx sheet. That's the only id that is required. For example, if your .svg file is called "example.svg" then you put "example.svg" into the media::image field (without quotes of course).

I'm also not sure what you mean by ".png archive". Do you mean an archived (compressed) .png file?

Anyway, I've attached a fairly detailed instruction process that I made up for some other staff. I think if you follow those instructions you'll be able to create a working .svg file.

0 Kudos