Select to view content in your preferred language

Create a report with images from multiple records

03-02-2023 04:03 PM
LMedeirosUI
Frequent Contributor

I was really hoping to use S123 to generate reports that would allow me to easily assess changes in certain parameters over time as I am repeatedly sampling the same individuals. My S123 workflow involves a form with repeats. Each month, the same 100 individuals are sampled and submitted as a record (so each record contains 100 repeats). The summary report feature allows me to group by the unique individual identifier, order by sample date, and generate a report for parameters that are text or integers, but I do not see a way to do this for images as the summary function in reports will not pull the actual images.

Comparing visual changes in the morphology over time is just as important to my work as the more easily quantifiable measurements. Is there a work around? 

I have attached my form and summary report.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

One potential workaround would be exporting the data from S123 and then using a separate software tool, such as Excel or R, to create custom reports incorporating the images. In this case, you would need to export the data for each fish separately and then merge them in a single file using the unique identifier (PIT tag number). Once you have the merged file, you could use tools like Excel's PivotTable or R's ggplot2 package to create custom reports that include the quantitative measurements and the corresponding images.

0 Kudos
LMedeirosUI
Frequent Contributor

What software would you use to merge them based on PIT tag once the individual records are exported?

0 Kudos