Controlling survey appearance in the sent box?

Jump to solution
03-08-2017 04:51 PM
TerryBeutel
New Contributor II

I have a survey that is given to a number of clients several times a year. The survey is quite detailed and most details for a client don't change from survey to survey.  I'd like to be able to go to my outbox, find the clients most recent survey, open and amend it with updated data, then upload it as a new survey. This would save a lot of time for me and my clients by not having to enter parts of the survey that have not changed.

My only problem with this is that with a lot of surveys in the sent box, its hard to easily find the particular survey I'm looking for (see pic). In the Sent box, Survey123 seems to display the first responses added to any survey, and if you have default answers in the survey, they get priority. In my survey the defaults aren't useful identifiers, thus my problem. So my question is does anyone know how to force Survey123 to display the responses I choose in the sent box?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Terry

You can use the instance name to control what text or answers are displayed in the sent box: Please see the following: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2015/08/23/understanding-the-instancename-setting. Additionally in version 2.0 of Survey123 (currently in beta) you will be be able to search and sort surveys in the sent box (and other boxes).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Terry

You can use the instance name to control what text or answers are displayed in the sent box: Please see the following: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2015/08/23/understanding-the-instancename-setting. Additionally in version 2.0 of Survey123 (currently in beta) you will be be able to search and sort surveys in the sent box (and other boxes).

TerryBeutel
New Contributor II

Hi Johnathan. That worked perfectly. You have saved myself and our field team a lot of time. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos