Constrain input for geocode appearance field from locator

Jump to solution
04-05-2022 09:27 AM
ShariForbes
New Contributor III

We are developing a survey using the geocode appearance field with our organization's composite locator. We would like only valid addresses to be able to be entered into the address field. The geocode appearance works great for assisting the survey user with the dropdown; however, the user still has the ability to type in whatever they want. 

Any ideas or suggestions to only allow addressees from our organization's locator would be appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. If using Survey123 Connect, you can create a constraint to reject addresses that have not been selected from the candidate list. Here is an example showing how to do it.

IsmaelChivite_0-1649207475155.png

In theory, you could also use the geocoding score and discard anything with score less than 100, but in my experience the technique above is more robust.

You will want to set the appearance to hidden for rows 3 and 4 when you publish your survey. I left hidden out in the example so you can see how it works.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. If using Survey123 Connect, you can create a constraint to reject addresses that have not been selected from the candidate list. Here is an example showing how to do it.

IsmaelChivite_0-1649207475155.png

In theory, you could also use the geocoding score and discard anything with score less than 100, but in my experience the technique above is more robust.

You will want to set the appearance to hidden for rows 3 and 4 when you publish your survey. I left hidden out in the example so you can see how it works.

MikhaylaB
New Contributor III

Hello, this works great for my apps using our custom locator, but I'm having trouble with the World Geocoder. When an address is selected from the geocoder's autofill options, it still comes back with the "Please select an existing address" warning. Do these functions need tweaked to work for the world geocoder?

0 Kudos
ShariForbes
New Contributor III

Thank you so much. This is perfect and really helps us out a lot. I'm very appreciative. 

0 Kudos