Confirm record in a feature service table before user can fill out a Survey

08-04-2022 12:01 PM
MatBeck
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to clean up a registration process with Survey123.

My current web app works in this way: From a web map (The users will be interfacing with an Experience Builder Web App), the user can click on a polygon in the map, where a pop-up will show them a hyperlink with the text "reserve this space." From there, the Space ID is passed into a Survey123 form and pre-populates the Space ID as the first question. I have been using this for years and it works well, but I don't have any checks on if the user is valid or not. I only want registered/valid users to be able to reserve a space.

I have a table of valid/registered users that has a unique ID that the user will know off the top of their head (example: 67XSA) that they used to sign up for my event. 

I want the Survey123 to confirm that the record exists in the table using their unique string (e.g. "67XSA") in my feature class before they can fill out the form (I will have another non-registered Survey123 option for contingencies). 

Wondering if this is way simpler than I'm making it out to be in my head. 

Thanks for the assistance, sorry for the lazy question.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am thinking use a select one with the new search appearance and read the list from the service.  That way they cant pick anything not in there.  Seems like you are online so this should work.

See https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/dynamic-choice-lists-using-search-appearance/ba-... 

Hope that helps

MatBeck
New Contributor II

Doug that's awesome, I will look into that later this evening.

*edit* yes I have an AGOL Org account and the table will be a part of a hosted feature service with some other GIS layers

MatBeck
New Contributor II

Doug,

I got the confirmation working using the search function in the appearance column, very stoked on that. They type in the email they used to register and it populates in the box when they click on it, and I made it a required question so they can't proceed if they're not in the system.

Moving on to my next problem: I am trying to update the features in the map that have had a survey response sent in (screenshot attached for reference). I was hoping to use Arcade to make a temporary column that I could Symbolize or filter from the map. When I add the survey feature layer (I've also tried a feature layer view), the table does not populate in map viewer. I'm not sure if that's expected or not, I'm thinking about opening an ESRI ticket for it if you think that's odd. 

*edit* my survey schema was all jacked up. recreated the form and the new version works. Also I used the Join Analysis function in Map Viewer Classic to do the join and it's working beautifully. Very happy with how this worked out, big shout out to all of the ESRI community posts that helped me through this. Solved: Re: Arcade Code for joining to hosted table for us... - Esri Community 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you using a featureset call? You cannot symbolize on those since they get slow.

If not post your code makes it easier to help.

I thought pulldata can use a URL now also but I cant find it.

0 Kudos