Conditional default Answer

Jump to solution
11-03-2017 08:32 AM
FernandoAlvarez1
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I am trying to do work a around on the select multiple question. Since selecting multiple answers counts the combination of answers as one string; I wanted to see if I can use the relevant field or the calculate field to default to an answer only if a condition is met.

For example,

What is you favorite color?

1.blue

2.red

3.green

If blue and red were to be selected, then the default answer for the integer field would be "1" in both fields as well as both words "blue" and "green" would be placed in their respective fields. I will send a snapshot of what I am trying to accomplish. Any tips or advice would be great from you all.James Tedrick

Thanks,

Fernando

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Fernando,

Have you considered using nested IF statements in the Calculation field, versus creating several hidden fields. You can build up nested IF statements based on the combination of answers and values you want to then return the the final value you are after.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Fernando,

Have you considered using nested IF statements in the Calculation field, versus creating several hidden fields. You can build up nested IF statements based on the combination of answers and values you want to then return the the final value you are after.

Regards,

Phil.

FernandoAlvarez1
New Contributor III

Hello Philip,

Thank you for that information! I put it use and now my survey works beautifully!