Collector not passing attributes to Survey123 when using external device

616
2
Jump to solution
07-27-2020 10:41 AM
AmeWunderle
New Contributor III

I have set up a survey in Survey123 that doesn't have its own geopoint question. We are hoping to collect high precision data with Collector and pass the location, the identification fields we need plus the GNSS Metadata directly into Survey123. The feature service was set up in ArcGIS Pro with all GNSS Metadata fields added using the Add GPS Metadata Fields tool as suggested in the documentation (Prepare for high-accuracy data collection—ArcGIS Collector | Documentation ). The reason we are not using pulldata functions directly within Survey123 is that we need to use GPS Averaging, in particular we need to record the number of points averaged and the standard deviation, neither of which were options for the pulldata functions for geopoints in the survey123 documentation.

The workflow works great for internal GPS devices (iOS), all metadata that is recorded in collector when updating the geometry of a point passes into survey123 without any issue. However, once we hook up the external device (we are using the eos Arrow and we are using Trimble R1), it will collect the data in Collector but not pass over some of the fields into survey123. But it does pass over the identification fields and 2 of the location fields. 

I know that there may be some interference between apps, however setting collector to use the external device and survey123 to use the internal device is also not working. 

Suggestions??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmeWunderle
New Contributor III

So the problem was the receiver name as it had a "#" in it. It populated the beginning of the field which is why I didn't catch it before. If there is a # in the url, survey123 won't read in the values after that character. Sharing in case anyone else has a similar issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AmeWunderle
New Contributor III

So the problem was the receiver name as it had a "#" in it. It populated the beginning of the field which is why I didn't catch it before. If there is a # in the url, survey123 won't read in the values after that character. Sharing in case anyone else has a similar issue.

Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for this tip!  We were using a URL callout to open a survey from Field Maps and it was opening the survey just fine in the app.  But it wasn't carrying over any of the field parameters from the related feature class we had put in the URL and we couldn't figure out why . . . (Actually it did work in the Windows 10 version of the app, but not the iOS or Android version of the app which added to our confusion.)  Turns out the first field parameter we were trying to pass over had a "#" in it and it was ignoring the rest of the field parameters after that in the URL.  Altered the first field parameter to another attribute and it all works as expected.

Thanks again!!

0 Kudos