Choice filters malfunction

370
2
Jump to solution
05-09-2023 11:23 AM
snowflake
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am using cascading choice filters but for some reason some of them don't work.
This is just an example (see image) I created to reproduce the issue.

When I choose in my survey form Color 2 as color_class, then it offers Yellow and Orange as color_subclass (which is good), and when I choose Yellow as subclass, it offers Light and Dark as Texture_class whereas it should be offering only Light.

I have longer choice list for the form I am trying to create, and I noticed that having codes with similar (but distinct) name creates the issue. Sometimes I was able to overcome that issue by adding an extra prefix or suffix to the code name, but this is not a good solution for the database where this data will be stored.

Is there any solution for this problem?

color.jpg

The form does work good if my menu's are simple: when Light should only be assigned to yellow, not orange. Then choice filter color_subclass=${color_subclass] work good.
In my case, I am using regex(color_subclass,${color_subclass}) and that's where issue starts.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Typically with these you would list an item twice if it has two matches.  

So above instead of yellow, orange have two lines one with yellow and one with orange.

regex is prob the issue, not sure it was designed to be used that way.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Typically with these you would list an item twice if it has two matches.  

So above instead of yellow, orange have two lines one with yellow and one with orange.

regex is prob the issue, not sure it was designed to be used that way.

snowflake
New Contributor II

Hey, thanks for reply.

I was listing them together as I have a long list and it was easier to cluster them.
I tried the way you are suggesting before I posted, and I had the same issue. However, once you mentioned regex, I remembered that I likely forgot to remove regex from the code.
It works now!

Thank you!