Choice Filter not working in web form

09-12-2022 12:23 PM
BenBaker1
Occasional Contributor

I found something interesting and I'm curious if this is a know issue, or if I may have some other issue.

I created a choice filter in Survey123 Connect for a survey that allows citizens to submit non-emergency requests to our city. The form worked fine in testing, but when I published it to AGO and opened the web form, I noticed Request Categories ("Fire Safety", "Parks and Recreation") would not show any Request Types in the subsequent question. However, when I shortened these categories to "Fire" and "Parks", the web form worked as expected. Is this a bug, or will choice filters only work with values that do not spaces?

BenBaker1_0-1663010581576.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@BenBaker1 My belief is it is a limitation but I was not able to reproduce the issue with a test survey. Do you mind sharing the xlsx that just includes the questions and choice list so we can reproduce. Thanks

0 Kudos
BenBaker1
Occasional Contributor

Attached is a pared down version of the xls form that I used to publish the one that would not work.

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @BenBaker1  I still cannot recreate your issue.

parks.JPG

Would you mind confirming the version of Survey123 Connect you are using, and upgrade if it is not the latest (3.15.178)

Thanks

0 Kudos
BenBaker1
Occasional Contributor

That may have been the issue. The version I published the survey with was 3.12.232.

0 Kudos
CandiceBardsley1
New Contributor III

@Richard_Purkis I'm having the same issue as Ben so will try the upgrade as well. Are you confirming though that a choice filter should work fine in the web form? 

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @CandiceBardsley1 

Yes the choice filter works as expected at the latest version

Hope this helps