Choice Filter Dropdown not working

06-07-2017 08:12 AM
RadoslawCylwik
New Contributor III

So I created a couple of questions in Survey123 with a choice filter dropdown and they work perfectly fine in the computer application when testing, but don't seem to work in the app on iPhone or iPad.  Any thoughts?

8 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Radoslaw,

Are you using an autocomplete appearance?  In 2.1, a bug was introduced with choice filters and the autocomplete appearance.

0 Kudos
RadoslawCylwik
New Contributor III

Yes I am. Any word on when the bug will be fixed? Thank you sir.

Thanks,

Rad

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can get around the bug by changing the appearance to minimal, or minimal-compact, compact, or one of the other {appearance} options to get around this bug until it is fixed. We had to change ours from autocomplete to minimal-compact for the time being to bypass the bug.

0 Kudos
RadoslawCylwik
New Contributor III

I changed to minimal for now and that works. Thank you for your help.

Thanks,

Rad

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using 2.4.60 and am still getting this issue. Was fix ever implemented? I also tried changing the appearance to several different options other than autocomplete and it still not working.

Choices

Survey

Choosing the material and then choosing the type.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
FFSL_-_JustinJohnson
New Contributor III

I'm having the same dropdown issue in 3.3.51.

I have two select_multiple fields that are filtered by the selection in a select_one field.  In the browser, the survey works as I expected.  The user selects the name of an area in the FFSL Area dropdown, then the counties and employees within that area are available as selections in the next two dropdowns.  In the iOS app, and the Windows desktop app, those two subsequent dropdowns are empty.

Here are two screen shots showing the browser appearance and the desktop app appearance:

Browser Appearance (correct)

Windows Desktop and iOS app appearance (dropdowns not populating)

I have tried changing the appearance setting in Survey123 Connect.  Right now, the three fields are set to "minimal".  Removing that setting doesn't have any effect on populating the two select_multiple fields.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Justin,

I was unable to reproduce the behavior that you are encountering in an attempt to recreate it on my own.  Can you please upload the XLSForm that you used to publish the survey to this thread, or send it to barmstrong at esri.com.  

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
FFSL_-_JustinJohnson
New Contributor III

Thanks.  I will email that to you right now.

0 Kudos