Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot Create View from Survey123 Created Feature Service

02-16-2024 12:26 PM
PatrickMcKinney99
Occasional Contributor

I created a survey in Survey123 web designer, where the data is hosted in ArcGIS Enterprise.  Survey123 generated the following "layers:"

• root feature service (all editing enabled)
  • _form view (editing enabled - only adds)
  • _results view (no editing enabled)

I do not have the option to create a layer view from the root layer.  Normally I would be able to create a view for a hosted feature service.  Is this a documented limitation of feature services generated by Survey123?

If so, how would I go about creating a view of the feature service that allows updates/deletes, but not adds?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @PatrickMcKinney99

This is a BUG in Survey123 and is logged as BUG-000160270, you'll see if you go to the Settings page of the hosted feature service there are a lot of options missing from there compared to a hosted feature service created through another client app. 

Essentially the web designer is not adding a property to the hosted feature service that it should which is causing this issue. 

Thank you,
Zach
Chris_S
New Contributor II

Hello @ZacharySutherby,

Is there a work-around for this bug you'd recommend? There are often times emails or phone numbers are collected for data validation, but we don't want that information made available to the public.

Thanks,

Chris 

0 Kudos
Chris_S
New Contributor II

The button is hidden...

To find it and create a new view:

1. Open the hosted feature layer for which you'd like to create a new view.
  2. Click on the 'Settings' tab at the top right of the screen.
  3. Scroll down to 'Public Data Collection' and click on the link for 'creating a read-only view layer.'Chris_S_0-1720634232677.png

4. A pop up should appear where you can specify the new view name/folder location/etc.

I sure wish ESRI would update the documentation to include this as it would have saved me several hours.

0 Kudos