Cannot Access Survey from Collector

07-19-2017 12:28 PM
AaronThompson
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I'm using a non-federated Server v10.5.0, Survey123 v2.2.15, and Survey123 Connect v2.2.14

I have a survey form that I have linked inside of a web map popup, which I will have users accessing through Collector. My process for creating the survey for an non-federated server is per these instructions:

How To: Create Survey123 for ArcGIS surveys that connect to non-federated ArcGIS Server services

I then created custom URLs in my web map from these directions:

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/07/30/understanding-survey123s-custom-url-sche... 

I get the following error on an iPad in the Survey123 app once a link is clicked in Collector:

"Survey not found

Survey id *form code* does not exist or is inaccessible"

When i use my web browser to click on a link within the web map, the Survey123 desktop app opens, and I am able to view the survey. When I am done entering my information and attempt to upload the survey, I get Upload Error 400.

Also, if I try to add a portal to Survey123 (using the same URL that successfully works in Collector), I get an error saying that I timed out. "Socket operation timed out (4)"

Any idea why this is inaccessible? The form, feature service, and web map are all shared with the Portal group who will be seeing this. And according to the documentation that I referenced earlier, it is possible to setup survey forms from non-federated server services. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Aaron,

It sounds like the fundamental issue is that the iPad is not logging in/connecting to the Portal.    Is the iPad connected to an internal network via wifi or a cellular network (if it has cellular)? Can you load the Portal's homepage in Safari/browser on the iPad?

0 Kudos
AaronThompson
New Contributor III

Hi James, thanks for the quick reply.

Im on an internal WiFi network, with a VPN established. I quickly just tried to go to the Portal's home page in Safari on the iPad, and it cannot open the page, saying the server stopped responding.

While I agree that I'm lacking some accessibility to the Portal, I'm unsure how I can be logged in just fine through Collector, but not Survey123? Also, the lack of access to the portal site in a browser is odd.

I looked in the survey123 Connect log and got the following entries:

<15>1 2017-07-19T19:44:57Z NB2498 Survey123ConnectforArcGIS 13540 - [AppStudio@11205 category="qml" function="expression for onStateChanged" filename="Portal.qml" line="190"] qml: Application state changed: 4
<15>1 2017-07-19T19:44:57Z NB2498 Survey123ConnectforArcGIS 13540 - [AppStudio@11205 category="qml" function="reset" filename="Portal.qml" line="577"] qml: Token expiry timer not restarted
<15>1 2017-07-19T19:44:57Z NB2498 Survey123ConnectforArcGIS 13540 - [AppStudio@11205 category="qml" function="expression for onStateChanged" filename="Portal.qml" line="190"] qml: Application state changed: 2
0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Is the VPN necessary if you're in the internal network already?  We are seeing some issues with network requests occurring over VPN.

0 Kudos
AaronThompson
New Contributor III

For the end users, the VPN is necessary due to collection being done over a cellular network. Regardless, I tried to get in without a VPN established and received the exact same errors.

0 Kudos
VanessaSimpson2
New Contributor III

did you ever figure this one out. I am having the same issue when I launch from collector (or web map) on both desktop and ipad. the weird part is that I can see the survey (the one with the leave called Open Space Monitoring), and launch/fill it out from the menu, but I can 'call' it from the link I created in the web map.

Am I missing a permission setting somewhere? I had this working last spring just fine in another survey so I know that it works (I referenced the same links that were mentioned in the original post above).

Survey (Open Space Monitoring) is in the list of surveys, but error saying survey not found

Thanks in advance for any help/insight you can provide.

Vanessa

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vanessa,

Can you confirm the itemid of the survey you have downloaded in the app in screenshot, and the itemid in the URL you are using is the exact same?

Also is the app signed in with a user that has access to that survey in the screenshot above?

Phil.

0 Kudos
VanessaSimpson2
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, as far as I can tell the id is consistent. (see screen shot)

I am signed in as the group manager, so I should have full permissions to do what I need to do and test things. again, the "Launch" in the Collector pop up does open Survey123, but it doesn't recognize the survey that I am calling (even though it's sitting right there in the app's pool).

0 Kudos