Select to view content in your preferred language

Can you hide or disable the 'refresh calculation' button?

08-04-2023 02:30 AM
ColinCampbell1
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Is there any way to hide or disable the 'refresh calculation' button (the one with two circular arrows that appears next to a field with a calculation on it)?

My reason for asking is that I have a repeat which has allowAdds=true allowUpdates=false on it.  When a user opens a record from the Inbox it displays the previously entered repeats as read-only (as desired), but if they accidentally click on the refresh calculation button next to one of these fields it will refresh the calculation (which isn't desired).  As the fields themselves don't allow editing there's also no way they can go back and correct the field if they notice the mistake.

Any help would be be much appreciated.

Colin 

2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

This sounds like an oversight/bug. If something is "ready only", having the ability to write to it kind of defeats the purpose. In that case, opening a support ticket with Esri, or posting in the "Ideas" form may be a good next step.

Personally, I am not aware of any way to disable that "refresh button". Though, I have debated with myself in the past weather or not I would always want to see that button. Would be a nice QOL addition.

ColinCampbell1
New Contributor III

I raised a bug with Esri about this but apparently being able to recalculate read-only fields is intended behaviour.

I've created this idea suggesting the ability to hide/disable the recalculate button.

0 Kudos