Select to view content in your preferred language

Can HTML be used for values?

10-04-2019 08:47 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is it possible to use HTML to style the value vs just the label, note, and hint?

In this example I want the word Transect AND the A in larger red font.

Does not accept it in the calculation column and I cannot find any help on it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Doug,

Yes, you can use HTML for valuse. Just need to modify the choice tab and the label for your choices using HTML formatting.

Quick reference—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is just a text field and not a list.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

HTML can be used in the label or hint field, or the labels of choice lists.

What type of field did you use for the word Transect AND the A?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just a simple note

note Transect <font size="4" color="red"><b>Transect</b></font> horizontal-compact pulldata('TransectCodes', 'TransectLetter', 'TransectNum', ${TransectNum})

I want the A to be big and red also.

It is set values so I guess i could make it a list - as long as pulldata still works ok.  But I would think we could control the value and not just the label.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Doug,

Please see the similar post to your request here:

https://community.esri.com/message/637565-re-display-a-note-based-on-a-selection?commentID=637565&et...

Currently we have issue with using dynamically set values & HTML formatting.

Could you contact Tech Support to log an issue so that this issue could be promoted to a higher priority for fixing?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

HTML tags do not seem to work in a Pulldata list either.  I would like to pull in values with formatting.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Doug,

Yes, the pulldata function would need to populate a question in order to be used for variable interpolation. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Huh?  I mean I want the label in the csv to come in with html tags.  So say A is red, B is blue, etc

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Doug,

The code you provided above will not be supported. You would need to have the pulldata in a seperate question, which is then used in the label field, to accomplish that. It's how variable interpolation (which is different than calculation) is designed.

0 Kudos