Calculations not functioning the same with upgrade

09-30-2016 05:58 AM
DanSenner
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I upgraded Survey123 to 1.8 yesterday and noticed that some basic calculations have stopped working as they did in the previous version.  In the previous version of Survey123 Debris Removal & Woody Vegetation Subtotals were calculated based on a users input, the user did not have to populate all values for for the subtotal to calculate.  Now the form will not populate the subtotal unless all subsequent fields are populated.  The same is true for the work order total cost, previously a user could select various issues(not all) and the work order total would calculate now it will only populate if all Issues are selected and all fields populated.  Any ideas of what I am doing wrong or what changed would be helpful. 

More Information

If a user selected Debris Removal they did not have to populate all fields small, medium, large, and x-large for the subtotal to populate.  The user could pick say small and x-large and the subtotal would be calculated.

Similar to this is my calculation for the work order total worked on the previous version where a user could select a single issue or multiple issues and the work order total would calculate.  Now the work order total will only calculate if all issues are selected and all fields are populated.

Thanks

Dan Senner

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

It looks like several of your functions use division.  With the default value of 0, some of the fields are not displaying an answer asa you get a 'divide by 0' error.  As I go through entering in the value of 1 into the survey, the calculations appear.  Is this the error you are seeing?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes - that´s the problem. Thanks for the help. It worked before the last release so I was surprised.

0 Kudos
FinnianO_Connor
Occasional Contributor II

One further change I had to make was to update the version of Survey123 Connect I was using to publish the survey. Publishing from an older version didn't fix the error, but after upgrading to 1.8 everything was back to normal.

0 Kudos