Calculation requires refesh

Jump to solution
08-13-2018 10:04 AM
RobertMEIER
Occasional Contributor

I have a calculation that sets the value of a select-one based on a few previous questions. The first time I load the survey and answer the previous questions the calculation question shows a refresh icon. I have to click it and it performs the calculation, changing the value of the select-one and the refresh icon disappears.

Thereafter, the calculation question is performed and the select-one is changed without the refresh icon being there.

What is going on? Is there an way to initialize the calculation for first time?

Thanks!

-bert

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bert,

Are you opening the form with existing data from the Inbox or similar?  If so, that is a known issue that will be addressed in the next release of Survey123.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Bert,

Are you opening the form with existing data from the Inbox or similar?  If so, that is a known issue that will be addressed in the next release of Survey123.

RobertMEIER
Occasional Contributor

James,

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Yes, I am opening the form with existing data using the Inbox.

I will look for that in the next update.

-bert

0 Kudos
AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi James Tedrick

I'm using Beta v3.1.65 and still experiencing this issue. My parent questions are populated from the values already in the feature service when loaded through the inbox. I then attempt to use a calculation, inside of a repeat, to populate a select_one with a value from the parent. I get nothing.

Additionally, simple functions such as 'now()' as well as other calculations (wholly contained) within my repeat are also failing.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Andrew,

Can you share the form that is experiencing this?

Is the select_one question an autocomplete?  There is still a bit of work needed to have autocomplete reflect calculations.

Is the value of now() in the default column?

0 Kudos
AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

James Tedrick‌ I emailed you my form.

Within my repeat I have simple functions such as 'now()', auto complete values, some of which are calculated from 'username', and some complex calculations that are failing (see {MAX_TORQUE}).

These all work outside of a repeat.

Again, just to clarify this is Beta v3.1.65 on iOS. Some of the above issues are not present in Connect, just the field app.

0 Kudos