Calculation - Discrepancies

Jump to solution
03-25-2018 07:38 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I was under the assumption that surveys would always populate calculated values when viewing surveys through "SENT" or "INBOX" folders. Even when users overwrite the calculation values during submission.

But, I noticed some of my surveys display the overwritten values submitted by users instead (when viewing surveys through "SENT" or "INBOX" folders).

Anyone know the reason for this discrepancy?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Gee

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fixed in the latest version

THANKS

View solution in original post

9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Gee,

Yes, this is expected and by design. When loading a survey via Sent or Inbox you are loading the existing values in the survey for editing. Calculations on questions in the survey are therefore not re-calculated to avoid over-writing the values that may have been modified previously. To run the calculations again you can select the refresh icon next to each question.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

But, I have multiple other surveys where this is NOT the case (I.E. would always populate calculated values when viewing surveys through "SENT" or "INBOX" folders. Even when users overwrite the calculation values during submission.)

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you seeing the different behaviour in different surveys on the same question type, or on different question types? Can you provide more details and examples?

We have made some improvements for 2.7 and further work planned for 3.0 regarding calculations and the behaviour when opening surveys from the various different boxes.

Phil.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Phil,

The issue seems to be survey specific (all calculations within survey are either affected or not). And questions types can vary.

I have emailed you 2 xlsx forms (with the 2 different behaviours).

Hope to see a fix soon

Thanks,

Gee

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Geethaka,

Thanks for your 2 xlsx surveys. The cause of the issue is the repeat in your second survey, which you do not have a repeat in your first survey. The calculations inside the repeat point to calculations outside the repeat, and upon loading the survey from Inbox, Sent or Drafts, these calculations inside repeat are causing the other calculations to re-run also, even though they have manually over-written values. This is a known bug and we are aiming to resolve this in a near future release.

Phil.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the explanation.

But, I think this occurs with any survey with a REPEAT type in it (even without any calculations within REPEAT).

I emailed you an example of this instance.

Hope to see a fix soon.

Thanks,

Gee

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Philip Wilson‌, do you know if this issue will be fixed in the next release?

Thanks,

Gee

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Gee,

We currently have a few issues in our backlog regarding calculations and defaults which we are aiming to resolve in near future. At this stage I can not confirm if all these changes and fixes will make it into the next release, but as soon as we have clarification will let you know.

Phil.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fixed in the latest version

THANKS