Calculated Fields and Relvancy Interactions

03-14-2018 01:16 PM
ChristopherMatechik
New Contributor III

Are calculated fields supposed to calculate when fields aren't relevant? If so, how can I work around this so they won't. I guess I could use an if statement in front of the calculation.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, the calculate fields will STILL update, even when it doesn't meet the relevant field criteria.

The relevant fields will ONLY hide or reveal questions based on previous answers.

And yes, you'll have to use an IF condition in the calculate field

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Geethaka,

While this works currently in version 2.6 or earlier, from 2.7 onward it will not work as per my comment below.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for letting me know. As, I had some workflows, which relied on this behaviour

I might change those question types to "hidden" instead.

Gee

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Philip Wilson‌,

Will this also sort out the issue with "conditionally required questions?"

Currently, if I make a relevant question mandatory. The users still have to fill in answer, even if the question is not relevant (hidden).

Gee

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes this will also fix the issue where required non-relevant questions stop the survey from being submitted.

Phil.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's great to hear

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Christopher,

In version 2.6 or earlier of the app, yes if a question is non-relevant and contains a calculation, the calculation will still be executed, and the value stored and submitted to feature service (provided field type is not null). This is not the expected or intended behaviour of non-relevant questions, as if a question is not relevant it should not have an answer.

Therefore, from version 2.7 onward (to be released in coming weeks), we have resolved this issue and calculations in non-relevant questions will not be executed and no values will be stored or submitted from non-relevant questions.

Regards,

Phil.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you know when version 2.7 will be available?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Geethaka,

2.7 is scheduled to be released before the end of March 2018.

Phil.