Bug with missing data in nests

08-24-2018 01:12 AM
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have been made aware of a bug where relevant questions are not displayed in the first record of a repeat, if accessed from the Drafts, Sent or Inbox.  This means data recorded in the first nest of repeats is potentially going missing unless it is submitted straight away.  Could you let me know when a fix will be released for this as it is a big issue for us.

Many thanks,
Claire 

Tags (1)
39 Replies
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon,

Each time I experience this problem with repeats, the actual data is being lost completely - it is not just a display issue.  In this latest case, the repeat questions are required, therefore if you reload the survey from the Outbox or Drafts, then try and send, lots of errors for empty fields appear, for fields that were originally populated.

I have experimented with taking off 'required' for the fields in question then:

1. Save to drafts (or outbox)

2. Reload from drafts or outbox

3.  Noted data is missing in survey from first repeats.

4.  Submitted survey

5.  Data is missing when viewed as feature service

6.  Data is missing from exported geodatabase

Best wishes,
Claire 

BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Claire,

I tested with your survey, and I now understand what you are saying with the data being lost.  Correct me if I am wrong, but, after the initial submission, the data is not missing when viewing the feature service.  It is only after loading from the Sent/Drafts/Inbox and then resubmitting with the missing values that the data goes missing?  This is the behavior that I encountered when testing.

Ultimately, the issue that you are encountering is something that we are aware of and is under current investigation.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon,

Yes, correct - if the data are submitted straight away, it works fine.  The issue occurs after loading from Sent/Drafts/Inbox.

Claire 

João_CarlosPinto_Fernandes
New Contributor III

Good Morning

I have a Survey that has about 700 questions and when it is submitted via 'Survey123Connect_x86_3_1_126' without ever saving it as a draft, it is accepted with no errors or problems (warning errors given by the software and errors that I may have identified visually).

If our form for some reason is saved as a draft and not filled and submitted in AGOL or the Federated Portal of our institution at once, when we resume it, there are several fields where the records are erased and in some cases it is not allowed re-editing.

I already uninstalled the old versions of the software and then installed the new ones released 24th October. Using the new versions I published our Survey with 'Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS_x86_3_1_126' and later downloaded it with 'Survey123 for ArcGISSurvey123_x86_3_1_158’.

I did some tests and found that the problems reported have not yet been solved with this new version.

I verified within the ESRI community that there are several users with the same problem, so your cooperation is needed in order to solve this issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi João,

We are planning to address the behavior related to missing data in repeats in the near future.  In the meantime, are you familiar with the Early Adopter Community? 

We often upload builds of Survey123 that can be used to explore new not yet released features, or fixes that are intended for upcoming production releases.  Within the next day or two, we should have a build which includes a potential fix for the issue that you are encountering. 

I will try to update this thread when we upload the latest build that can be used for testing, but in the meantime, please ensure that you can access the Early Adopter Community by clicking on the following...

Welcome to our Feedback Community 

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

A fix for the repeat issue is now available on EAC: Welcome to our Feedback Community 

Please download the release candidate and test your survey.

Thanks

John

New Contributor III

Good afternoon,

I also have the same problem.

I have already tested the new Beta version and the problem persists.

I would like some help with this issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi John,

I have just tested the new Beta versions, publishing with Connect 3.1.127 (Windows) and using Survey123 v3.1.160 (Windows).  Whereas before, the first entry of a repeat was missing when opening from drafts or outbox, in the new Beta, ALL data in each repeat disappears  - this is much worse.  Also, I had created a workaround for this issue by removing relevant clauses form each question in the repeat, and only having the relevant on the repeat itself, which seemed to work.  Now this no longer works in the new beta - all data is lost.  Additionally, fields calculated from the repeats no longer work either.

Claire 

New Contributor III

Good afternoon,

I also have the same problem.

I have already tested the new Beta version and the problem persists.

I would like some help with this issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Good afternoon,

Is your problem solved?

Thanks

0 Kudos