Select to view content in your preferred language

BUG??? Join Layer Views preventing data schema from being updated in source layer.

yesterday
BryceHancock
Occasional Contributor

I have a Survey123 form I added a select one field too and attempted to publish the form through Survey123 connect. The form hangs on adding field 1 with no error message. I have checked the iteminfo file and the item number is correct. I did create a joined view of the data two days ago, but deleted both of those layers. When I go into AGOL and open the feature service, attempt to add a field on the backend, the add field option is missing. I have attached the log file when I sync and it says schema changes not allowed. There are over a 1500 consequential records in this feature service, so need to come up with a solution that maintains the data.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BryceHancock
Occasional Contributor

Problem solved itself. After logging in today I was able to add a field and publish my Survey123 connect form. There seems to be a lag when changes are made to a feature service and for them to take effect. I have noticed this with 3 different operations this week. I am assuming it was after I deleted the dependent join layers from the recycle bin, and it just took a few minutes for changes to take effect and allow schema changes to the feature service again.

0 Kudos
BryceHancock
Occasional Contributor

Issue happened again today. Two hours since deleting the joined view layers and still cannot edit the data schema. Is there a workaround for this?

0 Kudos