Select to view content in your preferred language

Blank required fields being submitted - Survey123 bug?

Jump to solution
02-16-2018 02:01 PM
TylerGrosshuesch3
New Contributor II

We noticed that a blank required field can be submitted in Survey123 if a user enters something and then deletes it. It doesn't seem that this is the desired behavior. We're seeing this on a variety of Windows computers. I notice the web survey does what I'd expect - if I enter a value and then delete it, the field is highlighted as an unmet requirement and the form can't be submitted.

Is this a bug in the Windows app?

Tyler

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Tyler - I have replicated this issue and the good news is that we have fixed this in 2.7.

You can test it out through our Early Adopter Program

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tyler

Can you confirm the version of Survey123 and Windows you are using, and also do you have a survey xls that you could share? I have not been able to replicate this issue.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
TylerGrosshuesch3
New Contributor II

Hi John,

It's Survey123 2.5.44, Connect 2.5.44, & Windows 7 Pro SP 1. I saw the same thing on two other Win 7 computers and I can check the versions on those if necessary.

Two sample spreadsheets are attached. They both were mangled a bit by creating in Excel at work, then editing with Libre Office Calc at home, and coming back into Excel. That seemed to only affect validation & formatting in the spreadsheet, I haven't noticed anything in the survey that I'd attribute to the spreadsheet's validation & formatting quirks.

Tyler

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tyler - I have not been able to replicate this.

Have you been able to test any non Windows 7 devices?

0 Kudos
TylerGrosshuesch3
New Contributor II

I just tested with an older iPad Mini and saw the same problem - entering and then deleting a value from a required field allows a blank entry to be submitted for that field. iOS 9.3.5 (that's up to date for this device), model MD530LL/A, Survey123 2.6.7.

I will probably be able to test with a Win 10 computer soon. All field users on on Windows 7 laptops.

0 Kudos
TylerGrosshuesch3
New Contributor II

I also tested on a Windows 10 Surface Pro and got the same results. This seems to happen with any numeric field. Please let me know if I can provide any more information.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Tyler - I have replicated this issue and the good news is that we have fixed this in 2.7.

You can test it out through our Early Adopter Program

TylerGrosshuesch3
New Contributor II

Thanks!

0 Kudos