Best Approach for Survey123 of Assets that are already mapped?

03-19-2021 12:29 PM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

New to Survey 123, but have been using ArcGIS Online and Collector since Day 1.  I am really having a hard time grasping this Survey 123 setup.  I have an existing hosted feature service (arcgis online) of about 3,000 manholes that need to be inspected with pictures and sketches.  Ideally the survey123 would populate the the Facility ID number in the survey for the manhole, and take the same xy coordinates of the manhole cover that is already mapped in my feature service.  

What is the best way to do surveys of existing assets like this?  Is see several articles about passing links from collector, and/or using related tables linked between survey and collector but the setup seems overly complicated and would require the user to go back and forth between two different apps.  

thanks

Tags (1)
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You pass the id and coords from Collector to 123 using a simple url pass.

Like arcgis-survey123://?itemID=89bc8c7844e548e09baa3aad4695e78b&field:AssetID=FF34001&field:Status=Good&center=43.567,-117.380

Se this post for more https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/understanding-survey123-s-custom-url-scheme/ba-p...

For me I then relationship class the form and Collector point together.  See my posts in here for more info https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/mapping-with-survey123-within-a-polygon-or-...

There are many other samples here on the board also to dig around on.  Hope that helps

DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @DougBrowning .  This still seems complex for the end user, have to go back and forth between two different apps.  Is there a way to have survey 123 close and go back to collector once they complete the survey?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

They make call back URLs search for that.  But with the app switcher button it is just 2 taps on one button - pretty easy.

0 Kudos