Attachments when Editing the Inbox

Jump to solution
01-02-2018 10:55 AM
ErickWiggs2
New Contributor III

When I go to edit a survey from my Inbox it seems that I can not add attachments?

I seem to remember reading something about this somewhere, but I'm having a hard time finding it.

I'm trying to bring in an already created survey to update with additional data and photos.

Tags (1)
30 Replies
BenSmith6
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon,

I notice it's been nearly 3 years since this was noted, is there anything in the development pipeline to solve this?

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
HélèneTouyéras
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @BrandonArmstrong, @IsmaelChivite 

You wrote in Feb. 2018 "We are considering adding support in a future release for editing attachments."

I am wondering if there are any updates on the topic, and if this capability has been implemented (or will soon be?).

Our use case is field inspection of existing features (urban trees). Accurate tree location and a few attributes are pre-loaded in the web service to circumvent the GPS location obtained from smartphones, which is not good enough for our client.

Surveyors update each feature's attribution and must provide a picture of the tree. It would be very handy, efficient, and secure (yes, all that! 🙂 to udpate the feature service attachements with Survey123, i.e. add an attchament to a feature that does not have any, rather than try to pick and match external pics.... which is extremely time consuming & prone to error.

Many many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Hélène.

0 Kudos
AngelRomoSandoval
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

In your post is written: Also, to play on the safe side, when you edit surveys from your Inbox we will disable editing on these types of questions.

But when I do that (I use IOS) I am able to add new photos. Then in Survey123 Website I see both photos but when I create a Report only the first one is showed.

How can I prevent the user to insert more photos?

AngelRomoSandoval_0-1651225075981.png

0 Kudos
Tensio_TSAdmin
New Contributor II

Hi Erick, 

Did you find any solution on this issue?

0 Kudos
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor

I hope this is added soon.  I believe this would be a superior work flow for my utilities inspections and data collection processes.  Currently I am trying to maintain a GUID link between the inspection and my gis electric model to make updating the model easy with a simple import.  My current workflow requires me to do lookups based upon the pole id to bring in the model GUID.   The problem is this only works some of the time due to the many duplicate pole id numbers we have.  If we had the ability to use the inbox I could simply load all the pole we have in the model into the inbox.  This would also serve as a check to make sure the inspectors do not miss any poles and would help locate false poles that are not actually in the field.  However this all hinges on being able to add pictures to the inspection.

Josh

JeffJackson4
New Contributor III

There are several of us, that I know of, and propbably many more that I don't, who are pushing for this inbox functionality.

Hopefully they are taking note and getting ready to roll it out.

We do site monitoring and have to track recurring issues and have a single form with repeats for each site.  But without a picture able to be downloaded (it is there, just not able to be gotten) it makes things difficult.

João_CarlosPinto_Fernandes
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have the same problem and need a solution.

Have you found a solution?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JasonJordan00
Occasional Contributor

Is there any update on being able to view images in the inbox? I have had to turn down a dozen projects because they want to be able to view images in the field while using Survey123.

KevinLambeth1
New Contributor III

I was really excited to look at moving some projects over as well, but they almost all use images so we are going to have to kill the transitions without a timeline for adding this functionality in.

BenSmith6
New Contributor III

Would viewing in Field Maps not be an option?

0 Kudos