Select to view content in your preferred language

Analyze Survey Error

Jump to solution
08-28-2023 08:18 AM
JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to use the Analyze survey tool in Survey123 Connect (v. 3.18.123).  I get the following error when it is run:

JimW_0-1693235777109.pngI have analyzed several other surveys without issue.

What's going on?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JimW

Do you have a value in your calculation column that is just a number? Would you also be able to pass along your XLSForm for review on our end? 

What's likely happening is there may be a value in the calculation column of your XLSForm that is an integer and the tool is failing because it's trying to compare a string to that integer. If this is the case this is a bug on the tool side. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayHodny
Regular Contributor

Hi Jim,

I found that if I run the tool with my XLS file still open, I get that error.  If I then close, the tool runs.  I also update the XLS form if it's an older version.

Regards, Jay

0 Kudos
JimW
by

Hi Jay.

Thanks for the reply and the suggestions.

Unfortunately, my XLS file was already closed and I already updated the XLS form to the latest version.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JimW

Do you have a value in your calculation column that is just a number? Would you also be able to pass along your XLSForm for review on our end? 

What's likely happening is there may be a value in the calculation column of your XLSForm that is an integer and the tool is failing because it's trying to compare a string to that integer. If this is the case this is a bug on the tool side. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
JimW
by

That was the issue.  I had the number "1" in my calculation cell.  I deleted it, ran the analyzer, fixed my file and then added the 1 back into the file.