Allow to navigate the map when set as readonly

03-06-2018 06:42 AM
JAVIERVARA_SANZ
Occasional Contributor II

In my workflow, I am creating a hosted feature service with Survey123, but the first entry is done with Collector, which allows me to take advantage of TPK performance in offline editing, and accurately locate homes in post fire damage assessments. 

In a second phase I may be require to add more detailed data, which is where Survey123 comes into place to complete all relevant information. In this scenario I won't need to edit the location of the point, thus the geopoint question is set to readonly. However, it would be nice if I can still access the map and zoom/pan to look at the area. I won't be able to submit any changes in this particular feature, so my only option would be to close the window.

I'll appreciate any thoughts in this regard.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Javier,

We do not currently support a read only Inbox mode for the main feature layer, however do support read only mode for related (repeat) tables by setting allow adds and allow updates to be false. We have an open enhancement request to support read only Inbox mode, so I have added your comments to the issue.

With regards to viewing the geopoint map when it set as read only, this is not currently possible, as navigating the map will change the location being saved as the centre of the map (marker) is the final location x,y updated in feature service.

Phil.

0 Kudos
JAVIERVARA_SANZ
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the quick reply Phil.

I understand how the functionality is built, and the limitations for improving it.

Kind regards.

Javier