Adding coordinates input option to 'geopoint'

Jump to solution
12-08-2017 09:48 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Survey123 Web application provides user to place the location by map or coordinates.  Is there a way to provide the same functionality in the Survey for ArcGIS?  Is it possible to push (write) the coordinates input to 'geopoint' object so that typed location is mapped?

Survey123 Web application:

Is it possible to mimic above Survey123 Web application in Survey123 for ArcGIS?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The Lat/Long entry has been in the map widget for a while.  I'll take the note back about its discoverability back as a potential enhancement.

Geopoint calculation support has been available for a while it was introduced in the blog post https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/06/08/calculations-on-geopoints and the Geopoints—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  documentation page has a 'Calculations' section to describe this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Makiko,

Survey123 already features the ability to input coordinates - you can click on the coordinates in the map to manually set them: 

Aside from that, you can use the decimal boxes for latitude and longitude netter and then calculate the location - you would need to change the values in to a string of "<latitude> <longitude>".

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James,

Thank you so much for quick response!  Is this a new function from a certain version of Survey123 for ArcGIS?  It would be very helpful to have a little note next to coordinates for lat/long inputs. 

"<latitude> <longitude>"  Good to know!!  Where can I find this documentation?  I looked at the link below and I didn't see it.

Geopoints—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

The Lat/Long entry has been in the map widget for a while.  I'll take the note back about its discoverability back as a potential enhancement.

Geopoint calculation support has been available for a while it was introduced in the blog post https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/06/08/calculations-on-geopoints and the Geopoints—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  documentation page has a 'Calculations' section to describe this.