2 Qs - 1 Modify Submit Button, & 2 Auto-Submit Survey

02-06-2018 12:16 PM
EarlDeCastro1
New Contributor

Hi all,  I am in the process of creating a few surveys and have two questions that I cannot find answers to online.  Assistance is greatly appreciated.  

1)  Is there a way to modify the appearance of the submit button (size, color, text, etc...)?  The small checkbox button works for most people, but some would prefer something a little different.    

2)  Is there a way to auto-submit a survey after a barcode has been scanned?  I will have a lot of items being scanned in a short time-span, and would love to be able to save time and work by not having to press submit after every scan.  

Thank you for your time and input!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Earl,

1) Currently, the buttons in the mobile application cannot be restyled by configuration

2) There isn't a way to specify for sending after a barcode scan through survey configuration

That being said, both of these could be relatively easily accomplished by customizing the Survey123 application, which is available as an open source template via AppStudio.

MattEimers1
New Contributor

Can you please point me in the right way to find the open source?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

The source code of Survey123 is included with AppStudio for ArcGIS.

Have a look at https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/04/29/customizing-survey123-part-1-white-label... to get started.

This video may also help.