Survey123: Select existing polygon instead of drawing new one

05-14-2020 04:53 AM
AndreasHolterman
New Contributor III

At our project we would like to use Survey123 to be able to request an approval to a certain pre-defined work area. For this it would be nice to have a reference layer with all work areas defined as polygons, of which one (or more) can be selected in the form.

So instead of creating a new feature (point, line or polygon), I would like to select an existing one. Technically, this might make a copy of the original polygon and paste it in a second Feature Layer with selected data from the filled-in form as attributes of the new polygon.

6 Comments
DarrylKlassen1

This option would be very useful for me as well - I want my  users to select a polygon - instead of drawing one or a placing a point  and doing post processing.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

Magnusson

This would be a useful feature. I need to be able to allow the user to select, or draw a polygon. The selected polygon becomes the shape that the survey fills the attributes for.

BrandonArmstrong

This can currently be done by using the survey widget in Experience Builder.

Refer to the following Blog.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/experience-builder/real-time/using-experience-builder-and-...

Heena1
by

Hi @BrandonArmstrong

Thank you for sharing your experience!

I read your blog and tried to configure, but it doesn't work for me. I am trying to send attribute information from one feature layer to the survey feature layer. No selectable fields are showing in the configuration. How did you set up in Experience Builder? 

Heena1_0-1686231886780.jpeg

Catherine_Hodde-Pierce

I am having the same issue as Heena.

chiara_c

Hi @Catherine_Hodde-Pierce@Heena1, were you able to solve the issue? 

Thanks.