Select to view content in your preferred language

Resize Map in Survey123 Web Form

01-17-2024 02:33 PM
Labels (1)
KellyTaylor
Regular Contributor

I would love to be able to resize the map (or maybe even the entire survey area) for geo questions in the web app for Survey123. Another option would be to allow the user to make the map full screen, like a popup. Right now, my geoshape question is pretty inaccessible to my end users, many of whom are older and/or have bad eyes and/or aren't the most tech savvy. 

Look how teeny tiny that map is (screenshot below)! It's barely accessible to me, and I'm a map & tech professional.

KellyTaylor_0-1705530530933.png

Tags (1)
3 Comments
Jim-Moore

Hi @KellyTaylor 

In the Survey123 web app, you can open the map in a full screen pop-up by clicking the Large map button on the map:

JimMoore_0-1705535532034.png

The idea to be able to display the map in the form at a different size could be a good one - something similar is available in Survey123 Connect, where you can set the question height for geo* questions in the field app.

Best, Jim

KellyTaylor

Aw man, Idk how I missed that! Well, thanks.

konstakuorikoski

There should be option to scale map bigger similar to how Google Maps are scalable through API embed. While we can make whole form wider through URL parameters, map will stay with same height. It should scale with the form, at least in a way where the aspect ration remains the same.