Unknown issues embedding web page in story map

Jump to solution
12-22-2021 11:16 AM
MichaelBarton
New Contributor

I'm trying to embed an H5p image into a storymap, and it's getting converted into a card. I have been able to embed the website its hosted on (drupal) itself, but when the h5p content is included, it automatically gets converted into a card.

I've created  tester storymap here, with all the pages that do and do not work. Any help in what i'm missing would be helpful.

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/d56ee01236f343ef873b666983549261

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MichaelBarton -- It looks like that server's SSL certificate is not installed correctly for server access. Most likely there's an intermediate SSL certificate that's not installed somewhere in the server chain. The specific error we get is unable to verify the first certificate: UNABLE_TO_VERIFY_LEAF_SIGNATURE.

If you provide this information to your web admins, I believe it should help them troubleshoot and address the issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MichaelBarton -- The dev console is showing some of the security checks are failing on the oregonstate.edu site. That means it doesn't meet the security requirements for embedding live inside a StoryMap.

The message indicates that a certificate not being verified for that website, but I haven't been able to figure out the specific cause because otherwise from what I can tell the browser seems to think the certificate is fine.

I'll do a little more digging and get back to you with some more information.

Owen Evans
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MichaelBarton -- It looks like that server's SSL certificate is not installed correctly for server access. Most likely there's an intermediate SSL certificate that's not installed somewhere in the server chain. The specific error we get is unable to verify the first certificate: UNABLE_TO_VERIFY_LEAF_SIGNATURE.

If you provide this information to your web admins, I believe it should help them troubleshoot and address the issue.

Owen Evans
MichaelBarton
New Contributor

That was it, thank you so much!

0 Kudos