Unable to scroll; takes me back to the title/ top every time!

02-06-2024 10:01 AM
Labels (3)
LEKrauser
New Contributor

I'm currently facing a peculiar issue with a StoryMap... Whenever I scroll down to the lower section of the page, the interface automatically kicks me back to the top. Just as I approach an embedded element, either in editing mode or viewing the published story, the same phenomenon happens.

I've tried various troubleshooting steps, including browser changes, device/ connection variations, and incognito mode, but the issue persists... Just right back to the title every time... so I can't at this point even remove the embedded material that may be throwing the issue...

Has anyone in the community encountered a similar problem? If so, what steps did you take to resolve it? I'm eager to hear your insights and suggestions!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @LEKrauser ,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue! Can you send a screen recording of this behavior, or a link to a public story displaying this behavior? 

If you can't do this, it would also be helpful to send the item you are embedding. This is could be occurring due to a pop up or specific item within the embedded content that is trying affect the navigation of the story. Is this behavior happening with any item you're embedding, or only with this specific embedded content?

--Abby

LEKrauser
New Contributor

This is the StoryMap that is acting wild! 

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/43370d09af084ed98ad02d2aa0d78897 

About halfway through, on the other side of the Map Tour, there is a Map Viewer embed that seems to be throwing the issue... would love to hear your thoughts! 

0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

@LEKrauser ,

This behavior is actually due to the Google Sheets that follows right after (Copy of Bridging the Gap). Can you try removing that one table, and see if the navigation issue resolves itself?

The correct way to format and add this URL would be to utilize the URL from the File>Share>Publish to web button. When adding that URL, the story should no longer jump when reaching the embedded content.

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 2.14.14 PM.png

Let me know if this workaround works for you!

--Abby

0 Kudos